Friday, July 3, 2015

Musical Motivation

I noticed today that it's near impossible to listen to R&B songs while single without feeling some type of way. Due to the fact I'm in a foreign environment with no individual to call my "own" it is very hard to listen to certain tunes without missing the company of someone of the opposite sex. I was recently put on to a new song by Miguel entitled "Coffee". I heard it earlier this week and I've been hooked on it ever since. My roommate is probably tired of me playing every morning by now. It's the chorus in particular that gets my mind wandering. It recites "word play turns into gun play, gun play turns into pillow talk, pillow talk turns into sweet dreams, sweet dreams turn into coffee in the morning.." explaining the steps and process of being with someone he's interested in. It all starts with word play. Sharing of conversation. Sharing of interests. It was the intellect and mind that sparked everything else. It even led to pillow talk. More conversation before resting. No type of indication of sexual encounters until the NEXT day. It describes perfectly how I seek interests in the opposite sex. Without conversation and the sharing of different interests, I'm not mentally interested, subsequently having no substance. Listening to it makes me wish I wasn't stuck on this Army base restricted from the outside world and going certain places, meeting certain people. Watching the video or listening to the song makes me miss enjoying the company of the opposite sex. Just random conversation and discussing different views is fun. I'm a people person so just opening the mind of women is enjoying to me. You actually get a little insight of what goes on up there in that complicated mind of theirs lol. That's why listening to R&B is so difficult because the artists go so in depth about the encounters and adventures of treating a woman well, nights out and just enjoying their company. R&B isn't meant for single people, especially single people in the military! The next woman I find serious interest in is going to be in for a treat. I hope God is preparing her now!

No comments:

Post a Comment