Monday, June 1, 2015

An Empty Throne

I used to write back in the day. I thought I was ok with it but fell off with it after a while. While going through old sent emails I stumbled upon a poem I wrote in 2011 that I sent to myself so I wouldn't lose. I wrote with a stretched imagination so the subject is far from what's in my life. Hope you enjoy....


Seems like just yesterday that we were strollin through park
And now my heart is cripppled, reaching to find its way out of the dark

I scream it's not fair how I was stripped of my gold medal
My trophy I showed off and flaunted is now the centerpiece of stems and rose petals 

How I miss your tender brown skin on the tip of my index
Crazy how a play fight flipped the meaning of physical in seconds as we sexed

To the point a 3rd heartbeat was produced for us to love
With tenderness, unconditional care and blessing from above

It was my black and red polo you drenched as you trembled in my arms
With our minds racing, hearts pounding figuring how to break news to your mom

Time is flying how our little angel is all of three
About to witness her dad say goodbye to his one and only queen

But its okay right now because our innocent princess is safe
Your diamond jeweled necklace will forever be laced

It dangles loosely around the neck of our beautiful girl
The one who will forever make me smile and see your smile through her

The memories we had will never be left 
Every picture together ever printed will always be kept

The precious time we shared will never be forgotten
Nor will the kisses from your lips sweet as nectar and soft as cotton

Rest my beautiful black love in which peace will keep you
Til the day all 3 of us are safely tucked under the wings of our keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment