Friday, April 24, 2015

Game Changer

The following is an open letter to my mentor Travis Large: 

I just want to randomly say thank you for the opportunity to be apart of KreativSole bro. I knew from the opening of that place that I wanted to be apart of it so I tried to be there as much as possible just because I love marketing and fashion and sneakers and the idea of it all coming together. I never thought that I would fall in love with that place. I never expressed it towards you nor brought it to your attention how much I was scolded at least once a week on why I was there instead of at a "real job" by my father. He would constantly tell me "you're wasting your time" "what do you do there" "how much is he paying you" "I don't see why you want to associate yourself with that" "what good is it doing you". It was to the point if he asked me what I was doing I decided to lie and say I was actually at work just so I wouldn't hear the backlash or his hour long discussion on what I should be doing with my life. 

I genuinely enjoyed that place. It molded me and helped me grow into the person I am today. Before I was "Isaac" with the shoes. Once being adopted into the family of KS I was renamed "Fitch" and now I had a lot of sneakers lol. From the freestyles we can still find on YouTube today to shooting videos of new product to hitting the skip line at Crossroads to camping out for sneakers over night to hitting Sneakerfriends in ATL to meeting a numerous amount of nationally known rap artist and even the countless amount of LEGENDARY stories shared in that place I don't think I ever told you thank you. There would be no Who Got BARS, no JUICE Inc LLC, no "Fitch" w/o the risk you took for taking me under your wing and be apart of the KreativSole family. I may not have even met Juels, my now business partner and brother. Nor do I know if I'd ever have met my pastor Adrian Davis with my walk in Christ. Everything truly happens for a reason. Now I'm approaching a year into my military career and I can share all my cool stories of my past civilian life w/ these pictures with celebrities and stories with the guys. These kids think I was really living it up, and I was at 19 yes old! I've been there for you whenever you needed me, and you were OH SO clutch when I called you in January stranded and needing a ride back to Basic Training in Fort Benning, GA FOUR (4) hours away and you were there with no questions asked. Thank you for being a mentor and great friend. I'm proud of the new ventures you've embarked on in the city making a positive mark on the Tee Large résumé. Want to say keep up the good work, and you've always got my support bro. 

Isaac Fitch

No comments:

Post a Comment