Sunday, March 29, 2015

Breakfast Club

We have all heard that famous saying at some point in our life that "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day". If you ask me, it's debatable lol. Personally I like a good fulfilling lunch because by the time I used to wake up breakfast was far gone! All of that is besides the point. Scientists stated that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it sets the day up with stored energy from what you eat. That's why it's good to feed yourself fruits, plenty of vitamins and good nutritious snacks to begin the day. All that stuff is true. Feed your body good, great rather. What about your mind though. Just like our body needs that healthy stuff so does our mind. 

When you wake up in the morning, what's your mental breakfast? What are the things you do to prepare you mind for the day ahead. Just as you would feed your body things to endure the day with stored energy you should train yourself to feed your mind the same way. Build a strong mind to be at its best. Read current events. Read a newspaper. Draw something that feels creative to you. Engage in a debate with someone. Read a scripture or two. Grow your mind! Expand it! Be unstoppable! What you eat for breakfast has an effect on your health throughout the day and subsequently your life. Feeding your mind in the morning has the EXACT same effect. I'm not saying you have to wake up an extra hour before starting your day to do one of those tasks. Just take the 10-15min (sometimes 30) you would use to check social media to see who liked your picture or see who was beefing last night to actually be productive. Thinking you want to make a painting project? Take 20mins out your morning on Mondays and Wednesdays to watch a YouTube tutorial on a complex painting, progressing each day. Before you know it you'll be taking time out of your weekends to work on it, unknowingly improving your artistic skills. It all started with feeding yourself mental breakfast.

I could give you all a million things to do in the morning to start your day. It's up to you to follow through. For me what ever I learn in the morning seems to stick to my mind the most. That song the radio was playing on my way to work, now plays the entire day in my head. That debate I had with a friend, stuck in my head the entire day. Made me want to do more research for myself just to win it! I don't like to argue but a debate every now and then is healthy for me. Gives me different point of view in life through someone else's eyes/mind. I have a knack for wanting to win. So I'll do whatever it takes to win fairly. It just so happens I'm learning at the same time. With all that said I want to directly get across that  don't let your mind go starving, it's worth more than 40 cents a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment